Blackheads On Chin: Nothing is more annoying than finding blackheads on your chin. And the more you clear them, the more they reappear. They put a damper on your dream to achieve bright and glowing skin. But there is no need to worry.
Removing chin blackheads is no rocket science – anyone can do it at home. Here’s a complete guide to saying goodbye to chin blackheads for good. But before that, let’s find out the causes of those pore-pluggers on your chin. Read on.
- 1 What Causes Blackheads On Chin?
- 2 Tips To Get Rid Of Blackheads On Chin At Home
What Causes Blackheads On Chin?
Blackheads are nothing but a very mild form of acne (just like whiteheads). Blocked hair follicles on your chin cause them. These bumps are called blackheads because their tips appear black due to oxidation. Blackheads can appear anywhere – on your nose, chin, shoulders, and arms. On your face, they usually occur on the nose, chin, and forehead areas.
A combination of factors often causes blackheads on the chin. These include:
- Hormonal imbalance: Hormonal imbalance during puberty, pregnancy, or your menstrual cycle can cause blackheads on the chin.
- Stress: The cells that produce sebum have stress receptors. So, stress can easily cause blackheads.
- Poor drainage of the lymphatic system: This makes it difficult for your body to get rid of toxins.
- Poor diet: If you do not follow a balanced diet, it may cause an imbalance in the small intestine, resulting in blackheads.
You can easily hide blackheads with concealers and makeup. And while it’s tempting to pick those ugly little bumps on your chin, keep your hands off and try these tips to get rid of them.
Tips To Get Rid Of Blackheads On Chin At Home
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Blackheads On The Chin
1. Exfoliate Regularly
Regular exfoliation removes dead skin cells from your chin, thus unclogging the pores. However, avoid over-exfoliating as this may worsen the condition. Use gentle scrubs to exfoliate the area.
2. Prep The Skin By Exposing It To Steam
Before you start extracting the blackheads, prepare your skin. Put some warm water in a bowl and lean on it. Cover your head with a towel. This will open the pores and make extraction easier. You can add a few drops of tea tree oil to the water.
3. Avoid Squeezing The Blackhead With Your Nails
This will further aggravate the condition. Instead, use a blackhead remover or buy a blackhead removing tool.
4. Try Using Blackhead Removal Strips
There is much good quality blackhead removing strips available in the market. You can use any of them to avoid scarring your chin.
5. Use Sea Salt For Blackhead Removal
Sea salt is an excellent antibacterial that unclogs your pores. Mix sea salt with a few drops of lemon juice and a bit of water and then massage the mixture on your chin. It dissolves all the dirt and dead skin cells.