Who would not love to flaunt with cute and gorgeous looking eyes that catch the keen attention of the passer-by? But getting cute eyes naturally is far from reality. As a general rule, a major population of people features black or brown eyes and very few percentiles of humans possess some rare eye colors such as green and blue.
Blue-green eyes are the rarest of all and have the capacity to escalate the beauty of the person to many folds.
Green eyes are special as we all know and are by themselves look enhancers. They are rare and science says that a number of factors have to come together as a perfect storm for green eyes to ever happen. People with this eye color, find it difficult to find beauty care products that are geared specifically for their eye color. We are here with our expert tutorial of the best eye makeup for green eyes. Let us also discuss the best beauty products that add on to the beauty stash and get one stand out from the rest of the crowd.
Green eyes Genetics – what causes it?
Though it is possible to get green retinal color with the help of contact lenses, natural green eyes have a strong genetic base. Considering the genetic bases of eye colors, it is impossible to predict the eye color of a child merely with the help of his parent’s eye colors. A number of genes are involved in the inheritance of the eye color and different expressions of these genes actually alter and influence the eye color outcomes of an individual.
Also, the extent of the brown color pigment, known as melanin in the iris also influences one’s eye color. It is the melanin that is the secret ingredient behind green eyes, blue eyes, dark green eyes, blue-green eyes, hazel eyes, etc. It is also being postulated that the person with less amount of melanin in the melanocytes of the iris with have lighter eye color and the person with a higher concentration of melanin is likely to have brown eyes.
Superstitions around green eyes:
Eyes are our unique fingerprint and are the most defining characteristics of an individual. But throughout history, they have also been the center of superstitions. They are the windows to the soul and reveal the best parts of our being. The eyes manifest unseen true that has been permeated in the human psyche. Even the scientific community has spent considerable time investigating the topic. Some common myths that surround different eye colors are,
- Blue green-eyed people have the best memory
- Blue-green eyes are a sign of lick
- Blue-green eyes indicate honesty
- People with green eyes are creative
- Green eye people are blessed with a kind of social magnetism
- Green eyes are a sign of an old soul
- People with green eyes have the most energy
- They are healers
Facts about green eyes:
Green eyes are the rarest in the world. Roughly only 2% of the population globally has green eyes. But there are a lot of green eyes facts that go as follows,
- The largest concentration of people with green eyes are in Northern Europe, Ireland, and Scotland.
- About 86% of people have either blue or green eyes in Scotland and Ireland
- More than 16 genes have been identified to contribute to the eye color.
- All races of Americans including Caucasian, Asian, African, Arabic, Hispanic and indigenous people have green eyes.
- Green eyes are a curious blend of light brown pigment, yellow lipochrome pigment and a splash of Rayleigh scattering in the iris of the individuals.
- Melanin also plays an important role in defining one’s eye color.
- All babies are born with blue or brown eyes. And green eyes take about 6months to 3 years to appear in children.
- Health can affect eye color. For instance, if one has glaucoma and is treated with some medicines, then their dark green eye color can damage permanently.
- No two eye colors are the same.
- The color of the eye can change with age.
Green eyes Makeup:
- Purple eyeliners: Lining the green eyes with purple eyeliners will make the green eyes pop up excellently. The deep purple hue also complements the green eyes perfectly.
- Nude eyeshadow: The nude eyeshadow shades with help in creating the perfect no make-up look for green-eyed beauties.
- Purple mascara: This is one of the best mascara options to emphasize the green eyes. As red lies directly opposite to green on the color wheel, the purple shade will definitely help green to stand out.
- Green eye shadows: People with green eyes should not be afraid to embrace green eye shadows as they already have green eyes. The striking emerald green hue can actually escalate the looks of the green eyes to many folds.
- Red eyeshadow: A range of warm rust shadows will do a great deal in complimenting green eyes. It is possible to create infinite looks with the help of a red eyeshadow palette.
Green eyes Images – Green Eyes makeup Gallery
FAQ’s on Green Eyes
- What percentile of people have green eyes?
Only about 2% of the global population have green eyes. It is one of the rarest eye colors in the world.
- Where do green eyes come from?
The largest concentration of green-eyed people is found in Ireland, Scotland and Northern Europe. Genetic predisposition defines the color of the eyes of an individual.
- What color eye shadow goes great for green eyes?
The nude eyeshadow shades go great for green eyes, as they create a no-makeup makeup look. Rust shades, deep purple shades, light bronze shades are also perfect for green eyes.
- How to get green eyes
Though natural green eyes are a matter of genetics and should be present at birth, it is possible to flaunt exceptional green eyes with the help of contact lenses.
Green eyes and Blue-green eyes are nature’s perfect gifts for humans to flaunt exceptional style, those who don’t have it can artificially create it and enjoy the limelight it throws.